FSX Steam Edition: Stinson L-5 Sentinel Add-On review
30 GB available space
Wpdots.net is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
FSX Steam Edition: Stinson L-5 Sentinel Add-On Review
FSX Steam Edition: Stinson L-5 Sentinel Add-On is an application designed by Just Flight. FSX Steam Edition: Stinson L-5 Sentinel Add-On was first published on . The app is available on Steam, Other.
About This ContentThe Stinson L-5 is typical of the type of aircraft developed during WWII for duties such as liaison, artillery spotting, photo-reconnaissance and casualty evacuation. Rugged and dependable, the design is a true 'work horse', showing little to no concern for aesthetics and equipped with no unnecessary embellishments. It simply does what it says on the tin.
The L-5 was dubbed 'The Flying Jeep' and, along with the Stinson L-1 Vigilant, was the only other American liaison aircraft of WWII that was purpose-built for military use. Other types were used, of course, but they tended to be converted from existing commercial designs such as the Piper Cub.
Nearly all Perspex, the cockpit area affords excellent visibility in all directions and the large door windows fold down to give uninterrupted viewing below. The design was created to be multi-functional and versions of the L-5 were produced to operate as air ambulances and carry small amounts of freight, munitions and other cargo. Its primary use was as a front-line liaison aircraft and artillery spotter.
The L-5's supreme ability to get into small, remote areas earned it great respect from the generals and troops alike, and L-5s dropped much needed medical supplies, munitions, food and other provisions to hard-pressed troops in remote areas. L-5s were also used to guide fighter-bombers to their targets by radio communication and flare drops.
Seeing service in WWII and the Korean and Vietnam conflicts, to name but three, Sentinels have flown across deserts, operated from dense jungle airstrips and in freezing conditions of snow and ice. Wherever they were operating, pilots could depend on an aircraft that would always get them through, and any pilot that flew the L-5 came away with a new-found respect for this little 'can do' aeroplane.
Today, many Sentinels have found their way into private hands and provide an inexpensive entry into the world of warbird ownership. They make excellent glider tugs and as simple, rugged sports aircraft are a source of pure fun in today's high tech aviation world.
Aeroplane Heaven's Stinson L5 comes in seven liveries and has been built from factory engineering drawings and is highly detailed down to individual rivets and fabric effects.
The highly realistic pilot and observer are fully animated and other unique animations include aileron droop. A removable engine cover reveals a detailed Lycoming engine and the animated doors and drop-down Perspex windows reveal a fully detailed interior with all controls and fittings.
- Built over the best plans available and from factory engineering drawings
- Highly detailed down to individual rivets and fabric effects
- Many unique animations including aileron droop
- Fully animated, highly realistic pilot and observer
- Removable engine cover reveals the detailed Lycoming engine
- Animated doors and drop-down Perspex windows
- Fully detailed interior visible with all controls and fittings
- Weather covers and pre-flights included
- Highly realistic rendition of a WWII period Stinson cockpit
- Unique 'shake' on airframe at engine start and idle
- Unique needle tremble on engine start and low speed idle
- Realistic engine start procedure with prop stutter
- Cold and Dark start function using a switch
- Specially animated aileron droop function in combination with flaps
- Wear and tear, dust and scratches throughout the cockpit
- Working rear observer’s controls
- All wires and pulleys for control surfaces are animated
- Full period radio suite
- Animated doors and windows
- Highly detailed High Definition texture set with weather and wear effects
- Authentic flight dynamics built using factory data and contemporary pilot records